Job Title: Dog Walker
Location: King St West, Queen West, CityPlace
Date Posted: February 23, 2016
Established in 2008, The Hydrant is a highly regarded, force-free dog walking, doggie daycare and boarding business based in King West.
I am looking to add the absolute perfect contract team member to my rapidly growing crew.
Part of what makes the Hydrant unique, is that each dog walker is paired with the perfect dogs to match your personality, experience and energy level. Helping and encouraging you to build and maintain those special relationships will be the key to your success (and the most fun!).
Do you have a natural love of dogs?! Then maybe being a dog walker is your calling …
Your job will include:
- Picking up dogs from their home, and walking in the neighbourhood for a specified amount of time
- Maintaining each clients’ Dog Walking Diary by utilizing clear written communication skills
- Keeping a safe and relaxed walking experience
- Show off your fun dog adventures on social media by posting photos & video in real-time (via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and text)
- Keeping our neighbourhood and parks clean, by being attentive and picking up after your dogs
- Multi-tasking and always keeping cool, even under stressful circumstances
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School or Equivalent
- Available Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
- Occasional evenings/weekends availability but not necessary
- Live in or near the King St West, Queen West, Trinity Bellwoods, Cityplace area.
- Highly responsible, reliable , punctual and a willingness to learn
- You’re enthusiastic, loves to be outdoors (in all weather!) and can also maintain professionalism in high stress situations
- Being Organized, independent and being able to manage a fast-paced schedule of dog walks doesn’t phase you
- You have patience and great problem solving skills
- You are social media saavy – posting fun, in-the-moment dog pics via text, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter comes naturally to you
- You have a naturally happy demeanour and it’s reflected in your great written communication skills
PLEASE NOTE: Criminal Background Check will be required on qualified applicants
- Knowledge of positive based/force free dog handling/training
- Previous experience with dogs, or working with animals.
- Physical endurance and strength
- Capable of walking multiple dogs at once
- The option of home boarding and conducting cat visits will be available as additional income.
- The Hydrant offers a very competitive rate for this position.
- Compensated Pet First Aid Training & Certification
Hours can range from 5-30 hours per week, depending on your eagerness
- This is a contract position, 1 year commitment.
Email resume with cover letter telling me why you’re perfect for this role to:
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE